Honeywell thermostats are installed to ensure your cooling or heating system works effectively. It is an accurate and reliable device that manages all other attached components, like an air conditioning unit.
However, accuracy and reliability do not mean you will face problems while managing the machine.
On various occasions, you will feel that the Honeywell thermostat is malfunctioning. In this case, you have to either repair or reset the device. Resetting the Honeywell thermostat will solve the majority of the problems.
You should consider resetting the device when you see inaccurate readings on the thermostat. There can be various other indirect indicators that will tell you that your device is not performing well. These indicators include high utility bills and heating systems turning on and off inconsistently.
You need to consider several factors before going for the reset option. We have discussed all the details that will enable you to reset all sorts of Honeywell thermostats.
- 1 Honeywell Thermostat Reset: How To Reset A Honeywell Thermostat
- 2 How many types of resets are there in the Honeywell thermostats?
- 3 How to reset a programmable Honeywell thermostat that is powered by batteries?
- 4 How to reset a Honeywell thermostat with a touch screen?
- 5 Know the model of your device.
- 6 What is a recovery mode?
- 7 The Honeywell thermostat is still not working.
Honeywell Thermostat Reset: How To Reset A Honeywell Thermostat
How many types of resets are there in the Honeywell thermostats?
Before jumping into the resetting process, you should know the type of resets the Honeywell thermostats usually have. These reset options are as under:
Wifi resets are the most basic reset features available on any device connected to the internet. The thermostats that allow you to monitor them remotely will tend to have wifi connection compatibility.
It is a common and simple resetting option that will make the device forget the current WiFi and let you enter the details afresh.
You must feed your heating or cooling schedule in the Honeywell thermostats. The device memorizes these schedules, allowing it to function accordingly. You can erase these details with the schedule reset option. This will help you redesign your heating schedule according to your needs. It is also a very simple thing to do.
This article’s main focus will be factory reset. A factory reset will erase everything from your device and set all the settings to default. The device will perform like a thermostat that you have just unboxed. Factory reset solves all the software-related problems, so this is the most critical reset type.
How to reset a programmable Honeywell thermostat that is powered by batteries?
Programmable Honeywell thermostats that are powered by batteries are the simplest to reset. You need to perform the following steps:
- Power off the thermostat to ensure the batteries are not working when you remove them.
- Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from it.
- Reinsert the batteries in the compartment but in the wrong position. This means attaching the positive battery terminal to the negative compartment terminal and vice versa.
- Let the battery rest there for around 10 to 15 seconds.
- Remove the batteries and insert them back correctly. This means attaching the battery’s positive terminal to the positive end of the compartment and negative to the negative.
- Your device will be reset to factory default settings. Reselect the settings of your choice.
How to reset a Honeywell thermostat with a touch screen?
Honeywell thermostats that are powered via sources other than external batteries have specific restoring process steps. The most method in such devices is as under:
- Find and press the menu button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll the menu and enter the preference menu, where you will find the factory restore option.
- Click the “restore factory defaults” and “yes” to confirm.
- The screen will show the “restoring factory default settings” dialogue and turn blank.
- The screen will turn on after a few seconds.
- Once the Honeywell logo is displayed, follow the instructions to reselect the settings of your choice.
Know the model of your device.
Before performing any reset procedure on your Honeywell thermostat, you must know the model of your thermostat. If you have yet to learn it, search for it on the packaging or the device’s warranty card. When you cannot find the packaging or warranty card, detach the device from the wall and read the model number on its back.
If none helps, then you can use Google lens to know the model number. Knowing the model number is important because each model has a different factory reset procedure.
Honeywell Home 9000 Series and Vision Pro
- Press the menu button and scroll through the menu.
- Click the preference menu to show more options.
- Scroll to “Restore to Factory Default”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm your choice.
- Wait until the screen turns back on and select the settings of your choice.
Honeywell 8000 Series
- Click the “system” button on the top of the screen.
- Press the middle button to scroll and reach the appropriate option.
- Click “Restore to Factory Settings”.
- Your device will return to the default settings when it turns on again.
Honeywell 7000 Series
The devices introduced in the 7000 Series are advanced, but the reset technique is simple to follow in them. These devices have the same factory reset procedure as any other battery-powered device. The process has been explained earlier in the article.
Honeywell Home 6000 Series
- Press and hold the “fan” button on the device.
- Press and hold the “up” button without leaving the fan button.
- Leave both buttons after holding for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Press and hold the first button from the right.
- Leave the button only when “39” appears on the LCD screen.
- Press the down key to bring it to zero.
- Press “done” to complete the reset.
Honeywell 4000 Series
- Switch on your thermostat.
- Click the “program” button 3 times consecutively.
- Find a pointed object like a pin or wire.
- Insert it inside the hole on the right of the buttons.
- Press and hold for five seconds.
- Your factory reset is complete.
Honeywell 2000 Series
The Honeywell 2000 Series has traditional programmable thermostats that you must manually reset. Factory restoring these devices is similar to what we mentioned in our article’s start.
Honeywell 1000 Series
Honeywell 1000 Series devices are one of the most basic thermostats available online. These devices have the same factory reset procedure as the Honeywell 2000 series. It is more annual than other advanced devices developed by the company.
Honeywell Lyric T Family Thermostat
- Click the menu button on the home screen.
- Press the right or left navigation to scroll through the options.
- Find and press the reset option.
- Click “select” and then select “yes” to confirm.
- If you do not want to factory reset, select “no” (obviously).
What is a recovery mode?
Recovery mode has nothing to do with the factory restore option. People confuse the word “recovery” with “restore”. This mode allows your thermostat to manage the heating and cooling systems smartly. This means the device will assess the room temperature and automatically restore it to the optimal level.
The Honeywell thermostat is still not working.
Despite the factory restoring your Honeywell thermostat, is the problem still being solved? Factory restoring a device is software-cleansing with nothing to do with hardware. If the issue remains, there is some problem with the batteries, wiring, or other components. You should call a professional to help you with this.
Resetting an electronic device to the factory default settings is one of the best ways to eliminate all the complicated stuff you have commanded it to do. Honeywell thermostats are accurate and reliable enough to do what you want. However, it is vulnerable to malfunctions because it is a machine.
Resetting a Honeywell thermostat is an easy thing to do. All the instructions mentioned in our article will help you return to the initial default settings offered by the manufacturer.
If the factory reset does not solve your problem, it is better to ask a professional to visit you and repair the hardware. Everything we have mentioned in our article is based on the information in the instruction manual and practical problem-solving.